- The applicant (spouse) must have been married to the service member or veteran during their time of service.
- All spouses must be enrolled in a community college, college, or university course accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or enrolled in a certificate, licensure, or technical program.
- Scholarship awardees must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 to remain eligible for follow-on scholarship disbursements.
- Scholarship awards are up to $5,000 per academic year ($20,000-lifetime award per applicant). Funds are awarded per payment term (fall, spring, or summer), not to exceed $2,500 per term.
- Disbursed funds cannot exceed the actual unmet need as shown on the applicant's student statement of account. Excess funds are retained by the Think GREAT Foundation and may be applied to another semester within the same academic school year.
- Applications are required for each academic school year.
- All applicant information, including application, essays, and supporting documents must be submitted via the Think GREAT Foundation website: www.ThinkGreatFoundation.org/scholarships.
- Documentation is not accepted via USPS, fax, or over the phone.
- Applications are reviewed and recipients are selected by the Think GREAT Foundation Board.
- Please submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 4 - Applications due. Scholarship applications are accepted year-round, however, applications received after July 4th will not be considered for the upcoming school year.
- July 31 - Scholarship selections. Offer or denial notifications are sent via email no later than July 31st to all applicants.
- August 15 - Acceptance email. Scholarship awardees must respond to the selection notification email with student information as required to initiate scholarship payment.
- August 31 - Fall semester funds distributed to the educational institution. No funds are sent or released to an individual.
- January 15 - Winter semester funds distributed to the educational institution. No funds are sent or released to an individual.
- June 15 - Summer semester funds distributed to the educational institution. No funds are sent or released to an individual.
Steps to Apply for a Think GREAT Foundation Scholarship
- Review the Scholarship FAQ page.
- Review the Scholarship Program and Guidelines document.
- Review the Scholarship Checklist and obtain all the required documentation.
- Complete the Scholarship Application at www.ThinkGreatFoundation.org/scholarships.
- Submit completed application, including essays, and supporting documentation.
- Receive confirmation of completed application via e-mail.
- Receive status of application via e-mail – you will be notified of any additional information required.
- E-mail any questions to email@example.com
Helpful Scholarship Tip: Make sure you visit your school’s academic advisor or military liaison. There are many tuition assistance programs for military families.
Please email the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Format the SUBJECT line as follows: "LAST NAME_ YYYY-YYYY TGF Required Documentation" (i.e. "SMITH_2020-2021 TGF Required Documentation")
- Proof of Service - DD214 (blackout the SSN)
- Proof of Service (Deceased) - DD1300 (blackout the SSN)
- Proof of Marriage - Marriage Certificate
If the military member is currently serving on active duty or in the National Guard/Reserves, provide the following additional information:
- Active Duty: Copy of Active Duty Orders (blackout the SSN) to include the unit of assignment and POC.
- National Guard/Reserves: Letter of membership signed by the commander/authorized unit representative stating the service member is in good standing. Be sure to include the unit of assignment and POC.
Reminder: Applications must be received no later than July 4th.
Thank You: For all the sacrifices you have made. We appreciate you more than you will ever know and wish you all the best as you pursue your education goals.